Some say blockchain games will inspire the next wave of cryptocurrency adoption. Play to make money games are certainly always present in headlines and conversations around the world. Are they close to adoption in the mainstream? Not in the least. The industry is just beginning and we have a long way to go. Gaming companies are well funded and make incredible amounts of money. However, they do not seem to have that many employees.
In addition to the emerging industry, the production of blockchain games requires a special set of talents that are not usually found. This is a great opportunity for young students and people who want to turn around and change careers. Since monetization is built into the ecosystem, chances are high that blockchain games will stay here. You can be a part of that too. Let’s look at the numbers and you’ll see what we mean.
How big is the Blockchain gaming market?
In its report entitled “The beginnings of Blockchain gameplay: from crypto craze to decentralized entertainment”, Author Joost Van Dreunen offers specific numbers:
- How many people play? “The total addressable audience for blockchain games is still in its infancy. Mobile, PC and consoles total 1.49 billion active per month. ”
- What devices do they use? “The platform of choice is PC, which includes browsers (40% of total titles), local clients for Windows (16%) and Mac (6%) and Linux (3%).
- Which blockchains do they interact with? “The most popular blockchain is WAX (36%), based on the aggregation of top titles organized by protocol. Ethereum (10%) is much less prominent. ”
- However, “The success of Alien Worlds, which numbered one million users in August 2021, is almost solely responsible for the success of WAX.”
- “There is a huge difference in popularity among top titles: Alien Worlds has 59 times more players than # 15, Zoo – Crypto World.”
WAX price chart on Bitfinex | Source: WAX/USD on TradingView.com
What else do we know about the Blockchain gaming market?
We have found even more information for you, let’s dive into the unique active wallets, thanks Naavik’s Blockchain Games report:
- Believe it or not, “DappRadar notes that games accounted for more than half of blockchain wallet activity in the third quarter.”
- Not only that, “daily single active wallets (UAW) for playing blockchain averaged 1.2 million or more than 44% in October 2021 compared to September.”
- Let’s dive deeper into those numbers. “The growth of the UAW in the past month was mainly driven by the growth of the activities of Axie Infinity and Splinterlands wallets, which grew by 24% and 57%, respectively.
- This reflects the previous report. “The best title among the monthly UAWs, Alien Worlds, has 10 times more activity than title number ten, Jelly Squish.”
- September 2021 saw a drop in blockchain games, but the numbers look impressive again. “Trade volume increased 762% from the third quarter of 2021 to $ 2.32 billion.”
What kind of noise is this about a lack of talent?
The craziest figure in Van Dreunen’s report is the number of employees the most successful firms in space work with. Dapper Labs employs 242, Mythical Games 123, The Sandbox 94. Projects that are constantly in the news are experiencing the same fate, Decentraland has 52 employees and Open Sea 43. Compare that to, “up to 9,500 f / t employees at Activision Blizzard, 11,000 in Electronic Arts, 6,495 in Take-Two Interactive and 960 in Roblox. ”
While we might interpret the data to reveal that we are dealing with efficient companies, Van Dreunen thinks differently. “An increase in the number of employees of + 102% compared to the previous year among top blockchain games indicates that talent is likely to become a major bottleneck in the search for a killer application.” Maybe so, but that was until NewsBTC published this article. Young people reading this will realize the enormous opportunity it presents and will take appropriate action.
Related Reading | Fans of Blockchain games can now change ATRI tokens faster and cheaper
Remember that, in addition to in-game monetization, these companies raise money for new projects constantly and with ease. This means: “Abundant investment money will force companies to compete in hiring experienced programmers, engineers and manufacturers in the short term.” They are dying to hire you. Go and gain the necessary knowledge, this story is just beginning.
Featured Image: Matryx on Pixabay | Charts by TradingView