Founded in 2017 by entrepreneur Val Yakovchika, MoxieLash specializes in selling the first of its kind, innovative magnetic lashes and eye pencils that continue to hamper the beauty industry. Dedicated to providing top-notch solutions to makeup lovers everywhere, MoxieLash is a beauty without borders, firmly established in a community of authentic, confident, fierce and totally crazy people. Community is at the heart of what MoxieLash does, building lasting customer loyalty and an insider community.
Since its launch, MoxieLash has grown exponentially and created a cult among celebrities, influencers and makeup artists who have become obsessed with high quality products of the brand that require minimal effort and give maximum results.
MoxieLash’s mission is to continue to innovate through pioneering new technology and empower lives by fulfilling the promise of being your last stop.
During the launch, MoxieLash caused a lot of noise in the market, but they soon realized that they had to keep innovating to keep up with competitors. They knew attracting customers was only half the battle, and they had to keep those customers by making them loyal to MoxieLash to become repeat customers.
With that in mind, they commissioned a full-service e-mail marketing agency, Kinga Dowwith research and recommendation from the best loyalty partner who praised their business.
After researching and interviewing various loyalty platforms, Kinga Dow narrowed it down to LoyaltyLion. In the end, MoxieLash chose LoyaltyLion as its preferred loyalty partner because of:
- Scalability and flexibility of a platform that met the needs of growing e-commerce
- Best-in-class integrations including Klaviyo for MoxieLash marketing automation
- Support for deep functionality for Shopify Plus
- High level of customization through a platform that was quick and easy to implement
- Great customer service with one on one support
MoxieLash worked with Kinga Dow and LoyaltyLion on the construction innovative loyalty program which includes:
- Integrated brand loyalty program page with explanations and a dedicated URL
- Program levels to gamify the loyalty experience and encourage customers to shop, often to unlock level-specific benefits. This includes VIP early access for Premium and Prestige members and, depending on membership levels, an increase in points awarded on a member’s birthday
- Loyalty emails personalized with loyalty data through integration with Klavia
- Advanced features for Shopify Plus billing such as Points Slider
- A program of recommendations tailored to their branding
Together, they agreed on the structure and functionality of their loyalty program and created an email marketing strategy.
LoyaltyLion has also trained MoxieLash on loyalty program management so they can easily make changes and updates on an ongoing basis.
Regular automated email communication with customers has been key to the success of their loyalty program. Loyalty emails are filled with 12 loyalty data, such as points earned, unique referral URLs, and available rewards. They are sent regularly to customers, especially with a focus on two segments: loyal customers and non-engaged, disloyal customers.
Using LoyaltyLion in combination with Klaviyo has enabled MoxieLash to launch and maintain a successful email strategy that encourages customer retention and increases customer lifetime value.
In just 12 months, MoxieLash’s loyalty program delivered:
- 1.5x higher average number of orders from loyalty program members than non-members
- 1.5x higher average spending of loyalty program members than non-members
- 3x higher repurchase rate than loyalty program members (first to second purchase)
Over time, MoxieLash continued to work with LoyaltyLion and Kinga Dow to optimize their access. A review of the email marketing program led MoxieLash to change its loyalty emails from adhoc to Sunday campaigns. This increased the completion of loyalty activities from an average of 21,000 to the highest average of 160,000 completed activities.
They are also among the first stores to implement the latest features within LoyaltyLion’s flagship market integration with Klavia, which has allowed them to set up the following new launched email streams:
- Welcome introduction to the Moxie Insider Club
- Post-purchase emails tailored to members and non-members
- Upgrade or downgrade notifications
- Monthly Rewards Reminders
- Rewards and points for a birthday event
A MoxieLash spokesman said: “LoyaltyLion services really set them apart from other loyalty service providers. We had professional help and guidance at every step, from implementation and involvement to individual customer support and continuous optimization of our program with our dedicated manager for client success. ”
Are you interested in the world’s leading brands personally discussing such topics? Learn more about World Digital Marketing Forum (#DMWF) Europe, London, North America and Singapore.