Brave, a privacy-oriented search engine, today announced the launch of Brave Wallet, a crypto wallet built into the Brave desktop browser. Brave Wallet does not require extensions; is the original browser, reducing security risks and relying on additional CPU and memory.
Users can perform transactions with almost any crypto asset, as well as connect to other wallets and Web3 DApps. The Brave Wallet will soon be available on all Brave mobile apps as well. Moreover, Brave Wallet allows users to connect to hardware wallets such as Trezor and Ledger. Brave users can continue to use other wallets if they wish, such as MetaMask or Brave’s legacy wallet called Crypto Wallets.
Now all Brave users will have access to Web3 decentralized applications (DApps) without installing a browser extension.
With Brave Wallet, users can:
- See live and historical market charts (price data powered by CoinGecko)
- Find the best price in relation to the list of providers with a built-in replacement function
- Send and receive funds
- Buy Fiat through Wyre
- Interact with DApps for any EVM compatible network
- Manage their portfolio – with non-replaceable tokens (NFT) and multi-chain support
- Easily import your wallet from MetaMask and stand-alone wallets, or Brave’s legacy Crypto Wallets extension, or hardware wallets such as Vault and Ledger (no Ledger Live required)
- Send and receive NFTs
Brian Bondy, CTO and co-founder of Brave said:
“The brave wallet does not require extensions and is instead integrated into the browser, removing key performance and security concerns while preserving the basic features of popular crypto wallets. The Brave Wallet offers our over 42 million users and anyone looking for an extension-free crypto wallet, a high-performance wallet, a highly secure and fully equipped wallet made for today’s crypto users. ”
Free to use, Brave Wallet supports all EVM compatible chains (Polygon, xDai, Avalanche, etc.) and L2s, and unlike other wallet extensions, Brave Wallet is made with an open MPL license, allowing developers to easily contribute.
It was also recently announced, in 2022, that Brave Wallet will integrate Solana blockchain, making Solana the default for DApp support.